Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Soups On


After having surgery my stomach is only able to hold about 2 ounces. Eventually I will be abe to eat 4 ounces, but my new stomach needs time to heal which will take about eight weeks. So every 30 minutes I try and sip 2 ounce of Totally Lean protein, eat a sugar-free popsicle, eat 2 ounces of chicken broth, or even some warm tea.



The first couple of weeks I am sticking with clear liquids. Then from weeks three through five I'll get to start eating semi-solids. But lets not get ahead of ourselves. Right now I am having to take tiny sips just to tolerate anything. I've been using a baby spoon to remind myself that I can't gulp.
Some of the benefits of the gastric sleeve surgery are that my hungers sensations are reduced and I will feel full faster. I don't have to worry about malabsorption or dumping syndrome which are issues bypass patients suffer. Also, there is no medical device implanted into my body so I don't have to have periodic adjustments, as with gastric banding. If you are considering any type of gastric surgery I stand by my decision to have this surgery.

No comments: